- Accessibility & Legislation
- Common Issues
- Testing & Tools
- Analysing Your Site
- Why is it such a hindrance to accessibility?
- Is this checkpoint zealousness or is there a real accessibility issue here?
Who does this affect?
- Not all user agents support it. text-only browsers such as Lynx, for instance, or some alternative browsers such as those in mobile phones/PDAs.
- 6.3 Ensure that pages are usable when scripts, applets, or other programmatic objects are turned off or not supported. If this is not possible, provide equivalent information on an alternative accessible page. [NGfL requirement]
- 10.1 Until user agents allow users to turn off spawned windows, do not cause pop-ups or other windows to appear and do not change the current window without informing the user. [NGfL warning]