Issues on Faultysite.com
By using the toolbar you should have found:
- No alt tags except for "Trees in autumn", "Trees in steel" and "Logo". It has been purposely built using tables and spacer gifs.
- An onchange menu uses inaccessible methods and also links to the site-map page which is not available through conventional links.
- The layout table has a background colour which creates the dark-blue border. When CSS is switched off the text becomes illegible.
- The font-size has been set in pixels so font scaling is unavailable in Internet Explorer.
- The contact form uses colour to identify required fields.
- The data table on the contact form has been correctly marked as a data table.
- All pages validate to HTML v4.01 transitional except for the missing alt text.
- Products page: Has all alt text in place. The data table is marked-up as a layout table. This page validates fully.
- The page
title does not change page to page.
- The resources page has a Flash menu. It links to sections of the site which are unavailable through more conventional means with no text-equivalent available. The page fails validation which is usual for Flash inset pages.